In this episode of the Million Dollar Playbook, Sharran puts the WHY back in open houses. Yes, they require a lot of work from the agent’s side, but they are still the BEST way to showcase a listing. And they’re more than just a way to care your client, they’re also a way for you to showcase your skill, polish, and personality as a professional—a way for you to lure in new leads and prospects. Tune-in to hear Sharran highlight six new approaches you can use for your next open house to maximize its potential!
3 Key Points
- Every open house should be treated as an event that will showcase the home—make sure you do everything possible to serve your client well.
- Giving value to your guests and having them sign-in during your open house are your two most important tasks.
- Your personal branding starts after the open house has ended—follow up and follow through.
- 02:37 – #1: Treat every single open house like it is TRULY its own, unique event
- 03:40 – Prepare!—everything (even how you market) should be unique in some capacity
- 04:19 – Sharran was recently visiting a friend where an open house was happening nearby
- 04:38 – His friend was frustrated by the open house
- 04:52 – If the agents let the neighbors know there would be an open house event, it would have been much appreciated…THAT is the value of preparation
- 06:19 – #2: The primary job you have is to showcase the home
- 07:48 – Be extremely thoughtful in showcasing the home
- 08:11 – If there are agents in your area that hold great open houses, go to their events and take notes
- 08:56 – #3: Understand the guest that walks through the door
- 09:12 – Make your guests feel welcome
- 10:49 – Ask every person, “Are you looking to buy a home in the next 3 to 5 years?”
- 12:07 – Simple questions are key
- 12:44 – Retrieve the guests’ information
- 13:23 – Not having people sign-in is the WORST thing you can do
- 14:01 – #4: Educate and deliver enormous value
- 14:22 – Make sure the guest walks out the door knowing more than they knew prior to coming in
- 15:31 – There’s a lost opportunity when you’re not sharing a market report with your guests
- 16:22 – A great way to add value is to ask clients how they work with Zillow and Trulia
- 17:27 – Do whatever it takes to deliver value to guests
- 18:02 – #5: Brand yourself
- 18:15 – The entire event is about the home and the client
- 18:39 – Be 99% selfless in creating that great experience for your client
- 19:06 – Branding starts when the open house ends
- 20:48 – You’re not done until you follow up with your guests
- 22:21 – #6: Be extremely grateful
- 22:44 – Your lifetime value is a lifelong resource
- 22:55 – It’s your responsibility to be grateful
Join my VIP List and get the best content of the week directly to your inbox.
Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives